British Oxford Standout.
A second entry to my detailed apparel breakdowns. This look is dedicated to all the prep school students out there. A sharp look that can be edgy as well when it's executed the right way. Let's go!
The upper body is made up of:
- Beanie and skinny tie - J.crew ( Both bought at a thrift store for a dollar each. )
- White button up - TOPMAN $5.00 thrifted
- Sweater - American Eagle Outfitters $45.00 ( Alot of people knock on AE because it's overplayed but I don't really mind because they do produce great preppy stuff at a reasonable price. )
|Books held by J.Crew belt.|
|Dr.Marten's brown lace ups.|
The bottom half is made up of:
- Pants - Chino pants by American Apparel ( purchased at a thrift store and still brand new for $8.00 )
- Socks - Olive green socks - $2.00 (sale)
- Shoes - Dr.Martens brown lace ups (FREE)
I always wanted these shoes and the smile from my face wouldn't go away as soon as I received it. It's the perfect size but by looking at it looks a bit clunky. But I love that about it, it mixes messy with dapper. The combination of khaki, green and dark brown is such a beautiful thing.
I was on my tumblr dashboard and I came across this picture and I thought it was hilarious. So I decided to come up with my own spin with the preppy school boy look.